BEST PLAGIARISM DETECTORS COMPARED
WHAT IS PLAGIARISM:
Plagiarism means using someone else’s content without permission and it is intellectual theft and fraud. It involves misusing material and information of others to represent it as a new work. An accusation of plagiarism can destroy the work of students and writers. It is a representation of thoughts, ideas, language, and expressions of any writer and reusing it with or without his consent.
A plagiarism checker is software to detect any plagiarism in a document or a part of a document. It highlights the plagiarized portion of text or has any duplicate content. It scans the document all over the internet and checks for plagiarism of content or documents.
FACTORS OF ANALYZING:
Best analyzing factors of plagiarism detecting software are:
• It should have access to a varied and big database.
• It should have the ability to detect plagiarism from different source types.
• It should detect plagiarism in paraphrased text and content.
• It should show high-quality matches of the plagiarized text.
• It should satisfy the level of user-friendliness and trustworthiness.
BEST PLAGIARISM DETECTORS:
Following are the top listed plagiarism detectors with their features, pros, and cons:
Grammarly is one of the best software to detect plagiarism in content and it is easy to use scans plagiarism in the bulk of documents.
– Grammarly allows you to search for a bundle of content.
– It generates an alert to let us know about the plagiarized text.
– It checks plagiarism in your content on over 8 billion web pages.
– It suggests writing style, grammar, syntax, and vocabulary for your content.
– It tells about the number of duplication issues in your content.
– It gives the percentage of overall originality of the document.
– It keeps content private.
Following are the pros of using Grammarly:
– It gives fast and accurate results.
– It provides proofreading of content and checks for different issues.
– It detects plagiarism and provides a link to the original content.
– It provides a grammar checker along with a plagiarism detector.
Following are the cons of choosing Grammarly:
– It does not have robust reporting as compared with other tools.
– It is not suitable for a long document with thousands of words.
– It is expensive for students.
2. Pro Writing Aid:
Pro Writing Aid is a plagiarism-detecting application to detect plagiarism in fiction and books. It is a versatile tool to use and check for any copied text in any article, essay, or document. It offers a free trial version, but it is limited. To use it perfectly one has to buy a subscription of about $70 for the year.
– Pro Writing Aid helps to edit a document.
– It provides about 25 in-depth writing reports.
– It can join it with Google Docs, Gmail, Chrome, etc.
– It can support a variety of files.
– It helps to manage governorship in words of the document.
Following are the pros of using Pro Writing Aid:
– It generates accurate reports.
– It is not expensive and easy for beginners.
– It fixes other issues in writing in addition to plagiarism.
Following are the cons of choosing Pro Writing Aid:
– It is difficult for a beginner as he may have many other choices.
– It is not suitable for academics.
CopyScape is a cloud-based tool to detect plagiarism in online work and web pages. It helps to scan the work, secure your webpage, and find various instances of content theft.
– It provides the facility to search content in batches.
– It allows comparison of two contents.
– Private index checks for duplication of content.
– It provides offline context listing.
– It gives a user-friendly environment.
– It allows filtering of results from known websites.
– It provides a tracking facility and case management.
Following are the pros of using Copy Scape:
– It is best for content-based web pages.
– It costs less to use.
– It fixes plagiarism easily and speedily.
Following are the cons of choosing Copy Scape:
– It is not useful for editing.
– It is not suitable for saving reports.
Unicheck is one of the best plagiarism checking applications to check the authenticity of the content. It supports a variety of content formats and bulk of documents. It is famous for checking articles on budget.
– It generates alerts on suspicious content.
– It facilitates with checking of bulk data.
– It provides a personalized dashboard.
– It provides editable search settings.
– It provides the facility to calculate the score in real-time.
– It is secure and provides the facility of encryption.
– It installs itself in chrome extensions to check plagiarism.
Following are the pros of using Unicheck:
– It is suitable for students.
– It is easy to use and works with Google Docs.
Following are the cons of choosing Unicheck:
– It is not robust as compared to others.
– It requires personal details for subscription.
PlagScan is one of the best plagiarism detecting software to find the percentage of matched text in content and generates results in document or pdf form.
– It allows working offline.
– It enables highlighting matches in a document.
– Report is in document form so we can share plagiarism reports easily with others.
– It facilitates to share and delete documents.
– It provides a feature to drag, drop, or upload a document.
– It allows comparison of two contents side by side.
Following are the pros of using Plag Scan:
– It generates accurate results.
– It is relatively affordable.
– It supports multiple formats.
– It is suitable for students.
Following are the cons of choosing Plag Scan:
– Mobile users cannot use it.
– It requires interpretation for generating reports.