Shopify Vs. WordPress Comparison 2022
Shopify and WordPress are website-building tools to create a customized website easily and cheaply. Shopify is an e-commerce building tool to create a website for selling and buying different types of goods and services. It is easy to use for beginners with the facility of built-in hosting, e-commerce integrations, and features. While WordPress is a content management system for developing blogging websites and e-commerce stores. It requires external hosting and domain name services.
SHOPIFY VS. WORDPRESS PRICING:
It is difficult to select the best website builder for creating a responsive website so it is a good way to consider some key differences between them to choose the best website builder according to the requirements. One of the key factors in determining the cost of website builder tools that suits the budget of users.
Shopify offers a free trial of 14 days for helping the user to understand the features and terms of this tool and its basic plan starts from about $29.99 per month. It offers website hosting included in the plans. Some of the plans of Shopify are:
• Basic Shopify plan costs about $29.99 every month.
• The next plan of Shopify costs about $79.99 every month.
• The Advance plan of Shopify costs about $299.99 every month.
WordPress also offers free plans with advertisements for initiators and wordpress.org is completely free without a hosting provider and a domain name. Buying hosting and a domain may cost about $50 to $150 per year. To remove ads from the website, WordPress offers premium plans ranging from $4 to $45 per month. Premium plans of WordPress offer additional features of customization, e-commerce, personalization support, and additional storage and space. The following are the premium plans for WordPress:
• Its personal plan costs about $4 every month.
• Its premium plan costs about $8 every month.
• Its business plan costs about $25 every month.
• Its e-commerce plan costs about $45 every month.
SHOPIFY VS. WORDPRESS INTERFACES AND EASE OF USE:
The interface is one of the key factors in selecting the best tool for building a website as it suggests to the users about the primary features of the tool and it determines the difficulty level of a tool for creating an awesome website. The interfaces must be user-friendly to help them create desired websites without knowing the technical terms and conditions.
Shopify is a website builder tool with a simple interface that helps the user to create an online store easily and perfectly. One can manage and launch an e-store easily using Shopify. Its interface is user-friendly that shows all the important features required for an e-commerce store in a simple and arranged manner. It is suitable for total beginners with no technical knowledge and skills to create their e-commerce store and manage it accordingly.
WordPress also has a simple interface but a user must know using all the tools and integrate the plugins with a website. It requires more understanding level and skills of a user with basic knowledge about creating a website. Its interface provides descriptions of every tool used to build a website with ease of use and management. It includes various Shopify alternatives to consider WordPress over Shopify.
SHOPIFY VS. WORDPRESS TEMPLATES AND THEMES:
Themes and Templates provide amazing styles for creating a website according to the requirements of users. Their built-in themes and templates help the users to manage the content easily and effectively. Both of them provide various themes and templates to design a website and e-commerce stores.
Shopify Themes and Templates:
Shopify provides more than seventy themes for creating responsive stores for buying and selling of goods. It provides fantastic themes with great designs and templates that are easy to use and manage. Its themes and templates provide the facility for customization and management of content in stores. It gives the option of changing the themes according to requirements using any language and template.
WordPress Themes and Templates:
WordPress has its theme store from where users can select any desired theme according to their requirements. In addition, users can create their themes in WordPress. It provides themes that boost up the page and decrease the load time of the webpage.
SHOPIFY VS. WORDPRESS FOR PLUGINS AND APPS:
Plugins and apps are useful for building a website by customizing themes and adding a personal touch to the website. They provide advanced features to work and increase the functionality of a website. They are useful to make a unique website and add different functionalities to enhance the use of a website.
Popular WordPress Plugins:
Some of the popular plugins of WordPress are as follows:
• Forms: Forms are to collect data from the visitors of a website.
• Analytics: Analytics is to collect information about the visitors of a website.
• Search Engine Optimization: SEO helps the website searchable by search engines.
• Email Marketing: Email marketing helps to run all email marketing right inside the WordPress dashboard.
• Security: The security plugin secures the website from external threats.
• Backup: Backup plugin automatically stores a copy of a website.
• Chat: Chat plugins enable the chat option on a website.
Popular Shopify Plugins:
Some of the popular plugins of Shopify for e-store are:
• Nudgify: It is for social proof and Fear of Missing out (FOMO) Notification App.
• Locksmith: It is for access control for the online store.
• Product Reviews: It is for sharing customers’ experiences.
• Product Filter and search: It is for easy searching that increases sales.
• Store Locator: It is for creating an unlimited number of dealers.
• Loox: It is for photo reviews to enhance sales.
• Easy Contact form: It creates a contact form stylishly and professionally.
• Edit Order: it provides advanced options for editing the order.
• EU Cookie Bar: It provides cookie banners to EU customers.
• Trusted Site: It is for building trust and increasing conversations.
WordPress and Shopify both are good website-building tools with different pros and cons; one can select any of them to create a website according to their needs.